When should I see an osteopath?
The sooner you come with a problem, the more likely treatment will work quickly. However even if you have had a problem for years, osteopathy may still be able to improve your symptoms.
There are very few conditions that osteopathy is contraindicated for.
It is particularly useful during pregnancy, as no drugs or medicines are involved.
What conditions can osteopathy help with?
Osteopaths treat people not diseases. Most people seek osteopathic treatment when they have pain or stiffness. Common problems include:
- Arthritic pain
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Headache arising from the neck
- Joint pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (non-traumatic)
- Generalised aches and pains
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Tension and inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Non-traumatic mechanical neck pain