Information and guidance on where to go for help


As we once again enter a period of lockdown in the UK we know that this will cause further worries and concerns for people. Below are organisations and information that may be helpful to students.


UK Government support if you are effected by COVID-19

A service set up by the government to help you find out what advice you can get from the government and other organisations. You can use it for yourself or someone else.


Concerns about paying bills

If you have any concerns about paying bills or financial concerns you should always look to seek help and advice as soon as possible. The Citizens Advice website is a good place to find information.

The Money Saving Expert page also has links to useful resources and information.


Help paying rent or mortgage

Mortgage payment holidays are extended until 31 March 2021. Lenders are extending the offer of payment holidays to people who are struggling to pay their mortgage because of coronavirus. You can apply for a payment holiday unless you’ve already had 6 months’ of payment deferrals since March.

More information and advice about moving house or making rental or mortgage payments can be found on the Shelter charity website.


Self-employed and small business grant

The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) is made up of four taxable Government grants for self-employed individuals. The third grant is now open for applications and you have until 29 January 2021 to apply.  However if you were not eligible for the first and second grant based on the information in your Self Assessment tax returns, you will not be eligible for the third. More information can found on the grant application page and on the Money Saving Expert page