International students please apply using the blue button below.
It is important you use the correct details as shown below for the application form:
- Institution code: A60 (Anglia Ruskin University, our validating University)
- Course code: O for osteopathy and B310(all students register for the MOst and can transfer to the BOst once on the course).
- Campus code: L for LSO.
Applications to the LSO must be made as soon as possible. Applicants will be interviewed by the LSO Admissions team. Where possible, you will be given a date and time for the interview at least two weeks in advance.If you cannot attend in person, an interview via Skype can be arranged (video + phone not just phone). You need to call in using video Skype at the prescribed time. Please make sure you have enough time (and battery) to complete the 30 minute interview.
Interviews are only conducted after an application form has been received. The purpose of the interview is to add context and depth to the information you have given in your application, and to try and establish if you are attitudinally suited to studying at the LSO, and becoming an osteopath. The style of interview is known as ‘values based’ interviewing, which is also known as situational or behavioural interviewing. There are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answers. You need to draw on your past experiences to find examples to share with us; or consider how you might react in a given situation.The interview is also the time for us to explore with you if you are ready to start the course with the qualifications and life experiences you have, or if you need to do anything else before you can join (such as an access course).
For more information about values based interviewing, there is a simple explanation and contextualisation to a health care setting developed at Oxford University Hospital. Click here to view.
Another site that gives a range of the type of questions often asked, can be found here.
If an unconditional offer is made, you will need to provide the following:
- Scanned colour photocopy of the front cover and photo page of your passport.
- A bank statement showing that you have £11,700 (or equivalent in another currency) in your account for at least 28 consecutive days prior to applying for their visa.
- Proof of English language skills – Academic IELTS with an average score of 6.5 (or equivalent). Approved centres can be found here:
- A Tuberculosis test required for students from specific countries. Further details can be found at this site.
- Immigration Health Surcharge: for information on this charge please click here.
Please note: It takes 6 to 8 weeks to process the UK visa for the Tier 4 student visa. Visa applications can be made no earlier than 3 months prior to the start of the course. As the course starts on 18th September 2017, applications can be made from 18th June 2017.